Bacon is one of the most yummy foods known to mankind, but did you know that there is a proper way to cook it? If you are still old-school style, frying it in a pan, then this post is definitely for you!
There are many ways to cook bacon, but only one way is the best way, and I’m about to share it with you…
Believe it or not, the best way to cook it is on a Sheet Pan in the oven!
It may seem a little odd if you are used to pan-frying, but the benefits of cooking it this way are very plentiful…
HERE ARE THE BENEFITS OF COOKING BACON IN THE OVEN:
- The bacon lays flat, and stays flat. Not only does this ensure that each piece of bacon is evenly cooking, but it also makes it easier to chop, de-grease, store and freeze for later!
- An entire package fits on a sheet pan! This really helps speed up the cooking process, compared to having to pan-fry a few pieces at a time.
- You don’t have to monitor it while you are cooking it, which allows you to simply just throw it in the oven, set the timer, and walk away. You don’t even have to flip it!
- Ever try cooking bacon with your shirt off?! It hurts! It’s just a really bad idea in general! Even if you are cooking with your shirt on you still risk a permanent stain from the grease-splatter… When cooking using the the oven, all of that stress and pain is totally eliminated!
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
- Sheet Pan or Cookie Sheet
HERE IS HOW TO COOK BACON IN THE OVEN:
1. Preheat your oven to 350 Degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Cover your sheet pan with tin foil, as this will make washing your pans afterwards, much easier!
3. If you have cooking spray on hand, it is a good ideas to give the tin foil a spray.
4. Next, place your bacon on the sheet pan, in a single layer.
5. Place it all in the oven, and set the timer for 25 minutes, a little more if you like it extra crispy, and a little less if you like it less than crispy.
6. When your timer goes off, remove your bacon from the oven, De-Grease, and enjoy!
HERE ARE MORE RECIPES & IDEAS TO CHECK OUT!
*This post may contain affiliate links.