This is a simple guacamole recipe made with fresh avocados and a base of sour cream. It takes less than 5 minutes to whip up, and makes one darn delicious and healthy snack, perfect for summer entertaining!
I’ve been making this guacamole recipe for years and years, now! I’ve always just kind of tossed the ingredients in without measuring, but the other day when I whipped it up, I took extra care to measure and write down exactly what I did, so I could finally share it with you!
Not only is this a quick recipe that you can whip up in minutes, it is also a great way to use up your avocados before they over-ripen and go to waste.
Here are the ingredients that you will need:
- 4 to 5 Ripe Avocados
- 3/4 cup of Sour Cream
- Half of a small Onion very finely diced
- 1 Tbsp of Lime Juice (Lemon will also work if you are out of lime!)
- 1/4 Tsp of Minced Garlic or Garlic Powder
- 2 to 4 dashes of Salt (Salt to your own taste!)
- A sprinkle of Pepper
[Psst! If you are a lover of spice, add in a couple of dashes of your favorite hot sauce!]
Here is what you will need to do:
- Peel and Pit your avocados, and place them into a medium sized mixing bowl.
- Add in your lime or lemon juice, and use a potato masher to soften and mash your avocados.
- Add in the garlic, salt, onions and sour cream.
- Mix together.
- Spoon into a serving dish and top with a sprinkle of pepper, and enjoy!
I usually serve this recipe with whatever I have on hand, Crackers, Homemade Tortilla Chips, or Tostitos! Either of the above will work perfect! This recipe is also best served fresh, or within 1 to 2 hours of making, if promptly refrigerated.
MORE DELICIOUS RECIPES TO TRY:
*This post may contain affiliate links.