Meal planning can sometimes seem like a daunting task, but it really doesn’t have to be… Follow this simple meal planning guide, and you will learn how to eat well and save money at the same time!
Yes — If you are anything like my husband and I, we eat out everyday for lunch…. breakfast too!
And at night, we find it way too easy to give in to our daily cravings of whatever might come our way…. Maybe it was that Burger King that we drove by on the way home from work, that DQ commercial that we just saw on TV….
Or perhaps, we just feel unorganized and lazy and nothing seems more appealing than my absolute favorite go-to meal: Pizza!
Well, guess what…. those days are over! It’s time to shape up, it’s time to start saving money and it’s time to eat a little healthier!
So here’s how we are going to do it….. with a WEEKLY MEAL PLAN! I’m not only going to show you an easy way to do it, but a super-versatile way too, so you don’t get super-bored and give up!
Ready, set, go!
Step One – Create the base:
- Designate each night of the week for a type of meat, (or protein if you don’t care for meat!) or a certain meal “type”.
- I would define a meal “type” as something like tacos, or casserole, or even crock-pot!
- By doing this, you are predetermining what you are going to need to purchase or take out of the freezer ahead of time.
Step Two – Make a list of side dishes:
- You can use this list and switch up your choices for different nights of different weeks, and this way, you’re sure to never get bored!
- Let’s face it — This isn’t the 1950’s and we don’t want to sit down and eat meat, potatoes, carrots — every single night!
To give you an idea, here is what the base of my weekly meal plan looks like:
Now I’m going to give you some different ideas for these different categories, which include links to some of the best recipes out there! Go ahead, try them out! Eat yummy and save money! 😉
- Creamy Broccoli Salad
- Sweet Roasted Squash
- Mexican Fiesta Pasta Salad
- Double Baked Potatoes
- Brown Sugar Glazed Carrots
- Baked Beans
- Mushroom Rice
- Cheesy Baked Cauliflower
- Macaroni & Cheese
- Caesar Salad
HERE ARE SOME MORE RECIPES THAT YOU MAY ENJOY!
*This post may contain affiliate links.