This delicious quiche is the perfect Christmas Morning Recipe for you and your family! It is savory, delicious, and also festive looking! You can make this easy recipe the morning of, or the night before, and reheat to save time. Oh, and did I also mention that this is a Christmas Morning Recipe Blog Hop?! Be sure to check out these other amazing recipes at the end of this post!
While growing up, Christmas morning was one of those special times of the year that I really could never quite wait for…
I used to wake my sister up around 3am, and we would sneak down to see what Santa had left for us! We would empty our stockings and play with any other presents that Santa may have left unwrapped for us, and then we would go back to bed for a couple more hours. When we would get back up again, we would open the rest of our presents with our parents while we waited for breakfast to cook!
This year to help make breakfast super easy, I’ve decided to come up with a fun festive, simple dish that not only looks super Christmas-y, but also tastes delicious!
The great thing about this dish is that you can do most of the preparation for it the night before, and then really just crack a couple of eggs in the morning, and throw it in the oven!
Festive?! Savory?! And it practically cooks itself?! Well you can’t really beat that, now can you?! ;D
What you’ll need for your Christmas Morning Breakfast Quiche:
3/4 Cups of Sun-Dried Tomatoes
1/4 Cup of Green Onions
3 Tbs of Pesto
3/4 Cup of Diced Mushrooms
1 Cup of Spinach
1 Cup of Shredded Cheddar Cheese
1/2 Cup of Crumbled Feta Cheese
Yummy Additional Option – 1 Package of Bacon (Because who doesn’t love bacon?!)
Also Optional – Crust! (This recipe can be made with or without crust! If you like crust, then check out this very simple crust recipe.)
How to make your Christmas Morning Breakfast Quiche:
1. Place your bacon on a baking sheet, and let it bake in the oven for about 20 minutes, or until it’s cooked to your liking. Once your bacon is cooked, let it cool and dice it up.
2. While your bacon is cooking, dice up your mushrooms, spinach, green onions and sun-dried tomatoes.
3. Get your baking dish ready. I use a 13”x9”x2” glass baking dish. (Just remember that if you use a deeper sized baking dish, you will have to adjust your cooking time accordingly.)
If you are making a crustless quiche, then you will want to line your baking dish with butter, margarine, or cooking spray. (Or if you are going for mega flavor, you can even use some of your bacon grease!)
If you are making your quiche with crust, then you will want to line your pan with flour, to prevent sticking, and then add your crust.
4. In a separate bowl, scramble the eggs up, and add in all of your other ingredients, except for the crumbled feta cheese. Mix well, then pour the mixture into your baking dish.
5. Sprinkle your crumbled feta cheese on top, then cover your dish with aluminum foil, and bake at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for 80-90 minutes. Then remove the aluminum foil, and broil on high for three minutes.
6. Serve and enjoy! 🙂
HERE ARE SOME MORE POSTS TO ENJOY!
CHRISTMAS MORNING RECIPE IDEAS BLOG HOP
Christmas Morning Smoothie by Alex of Northstory
Cinnamon Christmas Breakfast Wreath by Christina of The DIY Mommy
Overnight Sausage and Egg Breakfast Casserole by Jo-Anna of A Pretty Life
Eggnog Brioche French Toast Bake Recipe by Janella of Ma Belle Vie
Breakfast Toast Bar by Brittany of My Daily Randomness
Pomegranate Cranberry Mimosas by Krista of Happy Housie
Christmas Morning Cinnamon Buns by Ashlea of This Mamas Dance
Christmas Apple Cranberry Cobbler by Robin of Frugal Family Times
Candy Cane French Toast Kabobs by Jenn of Clean & Scentsible
Swedish Tea Ring by Rita of Harbour Breeze Home
Cranberry Banana Muffins by Shannon of AKA Design
Breakfast Enchiladas by Tara of Suburble
Cranberry Pear French Toast with Vanilla Cream Sauce by Kendra of Joy In Our Home
Christmas Morning Breakfast Quiche by Sarah of The Project Pile